20 Tips to Living A Greener Life. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem! It is easy to think that living eco-friendly/sustainable can be hard or more expensive, but we got you covered!
Use these easy tips today to live a happier and greener life!
- Conserve energy: Turn off lights or items that use electricity when you aren’t using them. This will save you money and reduce your impact. Also, try using energy-efficient light bulbs. Consider air-drying clothes instead of using the dryer.
- Unplug items that are not being used, to avoid phantom energy.
- Lower your heat at night before going to bed, you can always add an extra blanket in the colder months.
- Conserve water, this can be done in simple ways, like shutting off the sink when brushing your teeth or maybe take a shorter shower.
- Drink filtered faucet water, instead of plastic water bottles.
- Use a reusable coffee cup, even when you go out and get coffee, bring your own cup.
- Buy local: support local produce, try farmer’s markets! It can be a fun outing and a good way to support local businesses.
- Donate items you do not need instead of throwing them out. Give them a chance to be repurposed instead of put in landfills.
- Go paperless when possible, we live in a digital age. Use ebooks, and get receipts emailed to you! If you need to use paper try to use both sides of the paper.
- Buy recycled products like recycled toilet paper, paper towels, and printing paper.
- Bring your own reusable bag to the supermarket.
- Walk more, when it is possible try to walk to places it is a great form of exercise and great for the environment. If you do have to drive … carpool
- When possible instead of driving to meetings. Host a video meeting. it is more convenient anyway.
- Keep a plant at your desk, not only will it boost your mood but it will improve your air quality.
- Recycle (this includes coffee pods)
- Pick up trash when you see it, let’s keep the planet clean and beautiful. Whenever we are on the hiking trail we always try to do our part and pick up garbage.
- Garden, or maybe plant a tree or 2
- Go meatless a few times a week, I am not saying you need to become a vegetarian but try practicing meatless Mondays. Carbon emissions generated by livestock represents 20% to 50% of all man-made greenhouse gas emissions.
- Use a dish towel instead of paper towels to dry your dishes, or consider air-drying them
- Shop Eco-friendly brands- Check out our list with some of our favorite eco-friendly brands. Click Here!
Have more tips about living an eco-friendly lifestyle? We would love to hear them. Comment below.
Check out our eco-friendly activewear brand made from recycled plastics: Cerinic.