It is so easy to get wrapped up in the day to day. Focusing on work, friends, family, etc. But what about the most important person? YOU! Check out our self love checklist for some easy ways that you can take time for you.
It’s easy to say that you don’t have time to focus on yourself but if you don’t make time for yourself all you are going to do is burn yourself out. You work so hard to make time for all the people in your life, so make some time for yourself. And even as I’m typing this my head is filled with excuses that I make on a daily basis to put others first but I have been making an effort and you can too.
Here are some simple things you can do today:
- Eat more Fruit and Veggies-your body will thank you!
- Drink at least 2 liters of water a day, this will help reduce bloat, boosts skin health, and aids in digestion.
- Take Multivitamins to revitalize your system and boost your immune system.
- Juice it! I am recently a huge fan of juicing, I will share some of my favorite juice recipes soon!
- Treat your self to some ice cream (one cheat meal won’t kill you I promise.)
- Cook/Bake your favorite recipe: I am personally more of a baker enjoy making banana bread (try the recipe I use here)
- Start each day with a self-affirmation, tell yourself at least one reason why you love yourself. I know, I know It sounds corny, but it really does help!
- Get a mani-pedi (I try to go once every 2-3 weeks, it is the only time that I don’t touch my phone for more than an hour)
- Read a good book or a blog (Don’t forget to subscribe to ours)
- Meditate (you can also try tapping)
- Sleep in- You don’t have to wake up early every single day, let yourself sleep in.
- Put your phone down, descreen for a bit and let your brain rest. Personally, this is something I struggle with, but it really is important.
- Tell yourself “I love you”
- Create a vision board, if you are not a crafty person it can be a list or a Pinterest board.
- Take a hike (As I’m sure you probably guessed this is one of my personal favorites)
- Take a fun workout class, doing the same workout all the time can get boring look on Groupon or class pass to see what fun classes are in your neighborhood.
- Try something new-Cross something off your bucket list!
- Make plans with friends or family (I try to purposely schedule time with friends in advance when I know I have a crazy week planned)
- Don’t have time to hang out? Call a friend when on the run, makes errands more fun!
- Listen to a podcast (I personally like Crime Junkie, The Enough Podcast, True to you, and Serial)
- Create a playlist of some of your fav songs, listen to it when you are feeling stressed.
- Take a bubble bath
- Do a facial, try my favorite one Hello Fab Ginger Tumeric Vitamin C Jelly Mask
- Declutter your living space—Sounds silly but it can help so much, Decluttering your space helps to declutter your mind.
- Watch your favorite sitcom (I highly recommend Schitts Creek on Netflix)
- Watch the sunset (or sunrise)
- Plan a trip- Give yourself something to look forward too
- Treat yourself, buy your self something nice that you have had your eye on.
All and all just love yourself!
For some tips to get your week started on the right foot check out our Blog Sunday To Do List.